Welcome to Petit Minou en Bretagne



I moved to this lovely part of Brittany at the end of the summer in 2008 with my husband and my two daughters

We have two holiday gites and hope to have lots of visitors in the years to come

Life here is slower than it used to be in England but my days are so much busier - looking after our two Ouessant sheep, our chickens, geese, ducks and seven cats; trying out new recipes using our freshly grown veggies, trying to keep up with the weeding and the the garden and keeping the gites in tip top condition ready for our visitors

If I have any spare time I make handmade greetings cards and gifts and have just opened an Etsy shop - visit it here

I also enjoy taking photographs and have recently joined Flickr so hopefully I will post some of my shots on here too

This is intended to be my blog about our new life here in Brittany - I really must try to make time for regular updates but seem to be failing miserably


About Me

My photo
Fougeres, Bretagne, France

Follow me on Twitter

Follow twittouminou on Twitter

Wednesday 2 June 2010

Watching


Watching, originally uploaded by Petit Minou.

This is our gander, Jeremy, he's a real softy but doesn't like strangers

He lives with our other two Toulouse geese, Jemima and Gertrude

They haven't managed to hatch their own young so we bought them five goslings from the market last week

They are very proud of their new family and very protective too

2 comments:

  1. Just found you on A Taste of Garlic :-)

    Did they take to the goslings right away or did it take a little while before the parenting instinct kicked in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I am Neringa from Travelavenue.com our editorial team has selected your blog to be a part of our program “Travelavenue favorite blog 2011”.

    Could you please send me your email?

    I will explain you our program in details.

    Many thanks,
    Neringa
    neringa@travelavenue.com
    www.travelavenue.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to hear your comments